Tuesday, February 19, 2013

We Live Here Together


I live in a low-income housing apartment.  I have heard comments made about expectations of what people assume my neighbors to be, but I have never had a bad experience.  Everyone says hello to me.  One time I held the door for a woman taking her dogs out.  We exchanged a pleasant greeting and when I got up to my apartment I realized I had left my keys in the entrance door when I opened it for her.  I ran back downstairs and the woman was waiting in the lobby for me with my keys.  The other day I had my hands full of groceries and a woman walking by pushed the elevator button for me to help me out.  Small simple things that say "we live here together."

2 comments:

  1. Hi Jill! I just found your blog and I love your point of view. I hope you're not done writing in it because I would love to read more. I keep a gratitude journal that is similar to this. I have found that even on my very toughest days, I have some reason to smile.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Glad you enjoy it Dawn! I'll definitely be adding more. I should probably write more hear more often, I guess I need challenge myself to keep my eye out more often for more of those "little big" moments.

      Delete